ITECH IT6302 3 channel programmable bench power supply (OEM version of Keithley 2231A, BK Precision 9129B)

The ITECH IT6302 is the OEM version of the BK Precision 9129B, and the Keithley 2231A, and therefore has the same specs.

• 3 independent channels: 2x 30V/3A, 1x 5V/3A
  • 10mV, 1mA set and readout resolution
  • UART (DB9, 3.3V) for remote access

Resources:

Notes after using it for a while:

Fan noise

The fan is quite loud. I kept on switching off the power supply just to reduce the noise in the lab. After replacing the fan with a Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX, the noise is acceptable.

The fan connector in the ITECH IT6302 is a 2-pin Molex XH. I converted one of the cables that came with the Noctua and crimped on XH terminals.

The fan in the ITECH IT6302 seems to get mounted on the heat sink assembly before that heat sink assembly (with power semiconductors) is installed on the PCB. As a result, the fan mounting screws are difficult or impossible to reach. I used a very thin shank Phillips Head screwdriver to remove and reinstall the bottom left, upper left, and upper right mounting screws. I used a Wiha 207 right angle/L-shaped screwdriver to remove the bottom right screw, which is obscured by a bank of output capacitors. I did not bother to reinstall that screw.

Serial port ground

The (TTL) DE-9 serial port shares its ground reference with the third channel. This is because the third channel is controlled by the main STM32F103 MCU, which also exposes the serial port.